A disaster tolerance group is a collection of KEC instances provided to ensure high availability. The KEC instances in the same disaster tolerance group are absolutely distributed on different physical machines. If one of the physical machine fails, KEC instances distributed on other physical machines are not affected and can still work normally.
Create a disaster tolerance group from the disaster tolerance group page
- Log in to the KEC console.
- In the left navigation pane, click Disaster Tolerance Group.
Click Create Disaster Tolerance Group.
In the Create Disaster Tolerance Group dialog box, configure the parameters of the disaster tolerance group.
- Name: The name of the disaster tolerance group must be unique.
- Disaster Tolerance Grade: Currently, only Machine Level is supported. KEC instances that join the disaster tolerance group are dispatched to different physical machines.
- Data Center: After selecting the region where the disaster tolerance group is located, only the KEC instances in the region can join this newly created disaster tolerance group.
- Capacity Of Disaster Tolerance Group: The maximum number of KEC instances that a single disaster tolerance group can accommodate is 10 or 20, which cannot be adjusted.
- Click Create.
Create a disaster tolerance group upon the creation of an instance
- Log in to the KEC console. The KEC instance page appears by default.
- Click Create Instance and configure parameters step by step, including Basic Configuration, Network Configuration, and System Configuration.
- In the System Configuration step, click Advanced Options and then select Create Disaster Tolerance Group from Disaster Tolerance Deployment.
Set Disaster Tolerance Group Name, click Buy Now, and complete the payment.
A new instance will be created, together with a disaster tolerance group in the region where the instance is located.