Kingsoft Cloud supports quick boot by using custom images based on the local image and image caching features.
- The local image feature applies only to instances configured with EBS volumes, including General Purpose N3, General Purpose N2, I/O Optimized I4, Compute Optimized C4, Standard S4, Big Data D4, and Kingsoft Cloud dedicated host General Purpose DN2.
- A local image applies only to the specified availability zone. It cannot be used to start instances in other availability zones.
- You can use a local image to create only an instance that uses SSD 3.0 as the system disk.
- To use the local image feature, submit a ticket.
For more information, see Create images.
- The image caching feature applies only to instances configured with local disks, including Basic E1, I/O Optimized I1, I/O Optimized I2, I/O Optimized I3, Compute Optimized C1, Compute Optimized C3, Performance Guaranteed X2, and Standard S3, and Kingsoft Cloud dedicated hosts configured with local disks, including Memory DR1, Computing DC1, Computing DC2, and Standard DS2.
- An instance configured with local disks supports up to three cached images.
- The lifecycle of a cached image is seven days. The system will cancel caching for the image seven days later by default.
- To use the image caching feature, submit a ticket.
Log in to the KEC console.
In the left navigation pane, click Image.
- In the list of custom images, perform one of the following operations as required:
- Enable caching for an image: Click Image Caching in the Operation column for the image.
- Disable caching for an image: Click Disable Caching in the Operation column for the image.