You can use a snapshot to roll back an EBS volume, that is, to restore data on the EBS volume to the point in time when the snapshot was created.
- Before you use a snapshot to roll back an EBS volume, make sure that the status of the EBS volume is To be mounted.
- Before you use a snapshot to roll back an EBS volume, make sure that the KEC instance to which the EBS volume is attached is shut down.
- For an EBS volume that is attached to a KEC instance as a system disk, after you reinstall the operating system on the KEC instance, you cannot use snapshots created before to roll back the EBS volume.
- Log in to the EBS console.
- In the left navigation pane, choose Snapshot > Snapshot List.
- On the page that appears, click the EBS tab.
- On the EBS tab, find the snapshot that you want to use to roll back the corresponding EBS volume and choose More > Rollback Snapshot in the Operation column.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Rollback.
The EBS volume is immediately rolled back.