Last updated：2021-10-29 17:57:25
This topic describes how to configure password policies to ensure your account security. You can specify password complexity requirements, such as the password length, validity period, history check policy, and elements.
Password policies apply only to Identity and Access Management (IAM) users.
Log in to the IAM console.
In the left navigation pane, choose Setting > Security Settings.
On the Security Settings page, click Change in the Password Strength Settings section.
In the Password Strength Settings panel, set the required parameters.
- Password Length: the length of the password. The password must be 8 to 32 characters in length.
- Password Validity Period: the validity period of the password, in days. We recommend that you set this parameter. Valid values: 90 to 365. If the password expires, you need to change it after login.
- Password History Check Policy: the policy for preventing IAM users from reusing previous N passwords. We recommend that you set this parameter. Valid values: 1 to 12.
- Required Elements in Password: the types of characters required in the password, including Lowercase Letters, Uppercase Letter, Numbers, and Symbols. We recommend that you select at least two of them.
- Action After Password Expires: specifies whether to allow IAM users to log in to the console after their passwords expire. If you select Deny Logon, IAM users cannot log in after their passwords expire. You need to reset their passwords by using your Kingsoft Cloud account or as an IAM user with administrator permissions.
- Frequency of Logon Attempts with Incorrect Password within One Hour: the maximum number of password retries. Valid values: 1 to 32. If an IAM user enters the wrong passwords for the specified consecutive times, the account is locked for 1 hour.
The password policy applies to all IAM users of your Kingsoft Cloud account.
Did you find the above information helpful?
Please give us your feedback.
Thank you for your feedback.