This topic describes how to view the versions of a custom policy, specify the default version, and delete a version.
- A custom policy can have up to five versions.
- If a custom policy already has five versions, you need to delete unnecessary versions when you attempt to modify the custom policy in the console.
- If a custom policy has multiple versions, only the default version is active.
- You can view the default version but cannot delete it.
- Log in to the IAM console.
- In the left navigation pane, choose Permissions > Policies. The Policies page appears.
- Click the Custom Policies tab.
- Click the name of the target policy. The Policy details page appears.
- Click the Versions tab. On this tab, you can view and delete policy versions and specify the default version.
(1) If you want to view the version and details of a policy, click View in the Actions column.
(2) If you want to specify a version as the default version, click Set default in the Actions column.
(3) If you want to delete a version, click Delete in the Actions column. In the message that appears, click OK.