The backup feature of Redis cluster instances allows you to quickly restore data and ensures the reliability of KCS as a persistent data store.
You can manually back up a cluster instance, configure automatic backup, download backup files, and filter backup files by shard ID.
Limits and usage notes
- Data is backed up on the secondary node and stored in an RDB file. The backup process does not affect database performance. After the backup starts, the instance enters the Backing Up state. The time that is required to back up an instance depends on the data volume of the instance.
- KCS supports two backup methods: manual backup and automatic backup. By default, automatic backup is not enabled. All backup files are stored in KS3 and do not occupy local storage space. Backup files are stored for seven days for free. If you want to keep a backup file for a longer period, you can download the backup file to your local device or upload the backup file to your own KS3 bucket.
- After you enable automatic backup, a full backup runs every day. Automatic backup files are deleted automatically by the system.
- Find the instance that you want to back up or restore and click Manage in the Actions column. On the instance details page that appears, click Backup Restoration in the left navigation pane.
- On the Backup Restoration page, manually back up the instance, configure automatic backup, download backup files, or filter backup files by shard ID.
Create a backup file
KCS supports two backup methods: manual backup and automatic backup.
- By default, automatic backup is not enabled. You can enable automatic backup on the Backup Restoration page. To enable automatic backup, you must select a calendar hour, such as 00:00 to 01:00, as the backup window. You can disable automatic backup at any time.
- You can manually back up your KCS instance at any time in the KCS console. You can retain at most three manual backup files. When three manual backup files exist, you must delete an existing backup file before you create another backup file.
- The backup process may take a while. We recommend that you back up your instance in off-peak hours so as not to affect your business or system performance.