Last updated：2020-04-16 13:09:58
These policies aim to explain how Kingsoft Cloud (unless otherwise specified, Kingsoft Cloud refers to “Beijing Kingsoft Cloud Network Technology Co., Ltd.”, hereinafter referred to as the “Kingsoft Cloud”or “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses and stores your personal data and what rights you have when it provides your relevant services. Kingsoft Cloud will inform you of related matters through this Statement of Privacy Policies (hereinafter referred to as the “Statement”). You are advised that, before using the services it provides, you must read and understand this Statement carefully; you may use the products or services provided by Kingsoft Cloud only after you fully understand and agree with this Statement. Your use of products or services provided by Kingsoft Cloud will be deemed as your acceptance and acknowledgment of the content of the Statement. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions hereunder, you shall stop using the services provided by Kingsoft Cloud.
Kingsoft Cloud have no control over the privacy practices or the content of these third parties. This Statement does not apply to the “content” processed, stored, or hosted by our customers using our Services in connection with a Kingsoft Cloud account. Kingsoft Cloud’s customers are solely responsible for establishing policies relating to the collection of personal data in connection with the use of our Services by their customers (“End Users”) with whom our customers interact.
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites, applications or services. This Statement does not apply to any products, services, websites, or content that are offered by third parties.
These policies will help you understand the following content:
1. Collection and use of your personal data
1.1 Personal data refers to all kinds of information, recorded in electronic or other means, that can be used, either alone or combined with other information, to identify a specific natural person or to reflect the activities of a specific natural person.
1.2 Kingsoft Cloud will collect and use your personal data through the following channels when you use the products or services provided:
(1) Registration information. When you create an account on Kingsoft Cloud, you are required to provide your username and mobile phone number, and create a password. The mobile phone number you submit is used to receive verification codes when you register, bind your account, and retrieve your password, and as one of the contact information you specify with Kingsoft Cloud to receive relevant business notifications (e.g., availability of new products, events reminders, service changes or notifications). Upon completion of the registration, you may continue to fill in your information on the webpage, including but not limited to your real name, industry, region, URL and detailed address. If you do not register an account, you can view the webpages or products presented publicly by Kingsoft Cloud, but you will not be able to further obtain its customer services.
(2) Real name authentication information. Before purchasing and using the services of Kingsoft Cloud, you are required to complete the real name authentication. In the course of real name authentication, you need to further improve your personal data, including but not limited to your name, identification document (identity card or passport information), information required for biometric identification, mobile phone number, industry and region. Without the real name authentication, you may still view the webpages or products of Kingsoft Cloud, but you cannot purchase its products and services.
(3) Filing-for-record service information. When using specific business functions of Kingsoft Cloud (such as the “Filing-for-record service), you are required, in addition to the information already included in the registration and real name authentication data, to further provide the information including but not limited to, the name of your organization and the person in charge of the website, ID card, mobile phone number, email address, domain name certificate and the photo filing for record, in order to comply with relevant national regulations and to meet the purpose of providing you with the products and services. If you do not provide the above information, you will not be able to use specific business functions of Kingsoft Cloud, but this will not affect your use of its basic products.
(4) Log information. In order to provide its services and monitor the running status of cloud services, Kingsoft Cloud will collect your ID, IP address, browser type and language used, hardware device information, operating system version, network operator information, as well as the date, time and duration you access to the services.
(5) Customer service information. When there is a need to use Kingsoft Cloud customer service, you are required to provide your UID, username or other information that can verify your identity, so that it can respond to your service request. Additionally, you are also required to provide your last name and mobile phone number, so that Kingsoft Cloud can respond to your service request in a timely manner. Kingsoft Cloud may keep your chat history and order information in order to provide you with the services required.
(6) Operation and support information. Kingsoft Cloud will undertake business activities for newly launched services and functions from time to time. If you participate in the relevant business activities, it may collect your contact information (such as the mobile phone number), contact address and transaction account information through the business activity interface for your successful anticipation. If you do not participate in the relevant business activities, you will not need to provide the aforementioned information.
(7) Payment Information. To pay for our Services, depending on the payment method specified in your Service Agreement with Kingsoft Cloud, you may need to provide your payment information (such as your WeChat, Alipay, or bank information), VAT numbers, and tax identification numbers.
(8) Cookie Data. Kingsoft Cloud will store small data files called “Cookies” in your computer or mobile device, such as include the identifier, site name and some numbers and characters.Please read our Cookie Notice for more information about how our cookies operate and how you can manage these cookies.
(9) Information You Provide to Us. Kingsoft Cloud collect any personal information you provide to us when you use our services.
1.3 Kingsoft Cloud collects your personal data for the following purposes:
(1) Provide, maintain or improve the products or services;
(2) Send you important notices;
(3) Activate or verify products or services;
(4) Promote and introduce products to you as permitted by laws and regulations;
(5) Provide you the personalized user experience and personalized content;
(6) Conduct internal auditing, data analysis and research to improve the products and services;
(7) Ensure the security of the products, services and users;
(8) Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements or relevant industrial standards; and
(9) Engage in other purposes after your permission.
1.4 Kingsoft Cloud will obtain your prior consent in using the data collected for any purpose other than those specified in this Statement.
1.6 If you have any doubt on the purpose of the data processing, or would like Kingsoft Cloud to stop one or more ways of using such data, you are advised to contact Kingsoft Cloud’s customer service team.
2.1 In order to ensure the website’s normal operation, Kingsoft Cloud will store small data files called “Cookies” in your computer or mobile device. Generally, Cookies include the identifier, site name and some numbers and characters. Kingsoft Cloud could only read its own cookies provided.
2.2 Kingsoft Cloud will enable cookies for the same purpose as most websites or Internet service providers, i.e. to improve user experience.
Specifically speaking, Kingsoft Cloud will enable cookies for the following purposes:
(1) With the help of cookies, the website may save such settings as the language of the computer or mobile device, font size and other browsing preferences, which means that users do not need to reconfigure their preferences at each time of the access;
(2) Kingsoft Cloud may collect the data of Kingsoft Cloud ads, such as the number of times that ads pop up on the Kingsoft Cloud’s website, and clicks on ads on other websites;
3. Sharing, transfer and public disclosure of your personal data
Kingsoft Cloud will not share your personal data with any company, organization or individual other than itself, except under the following circumstances:
(1) Sharing after your explicit consent: Kingsoft Cloud may share your personal data with other parties after obtaining your explicit consent;
(2) Kingsoft Cloud may share your personal data with other parties in accordance with the stipulations of laws and regulations, the needs of litigation and dispute resolution, or the requests made by administrative or judicial authorities according to laws;
(3) Sharing with Kingsoft Cloud’s affiliates: Your personal data may be shared with Kingsoft Cloud’s affiliates. Kingsoft Cloud will only share necessary personal data for providing services, and it will be bound by the purposes stated in this Statement. If its affiliates change the handling purpose of personal data, Kingsoft Cloud will solicit your authorization and consent again.
Kingsoft Cloud’s affiliate refers to any company or legal institution that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control of either party at present or in the future. The term “control” here refers to the power of determining a company’s financial and business policies, enjoying more than 50% of the management or decision-making votes of the company directly or indirectly, and receiving benefits from business activities of such company;
(4) Sharing with authorized partners: For the purpose of fulfilling the purposes specified in this Statement only, some of Kingsoft Cloud’s services, such as the real name authentication service, will be jointly provided by its authorized partners. Kingsoft Cloud will share your personal data for lawful, justified, necessary, specific and explicit purposes only, and will share personal data necessary for provision of the services only. Kingsoft Cloud’s partners shall have no right to use the shared personal data for any other purpose. Kingsoft Cloud will sign a strict non-disclosure agreement and data processing protocol with each of the companies, organizations or individuals with whom it will share your personal data, and ask them to handle your personal data in accordance with its instructions, this Statement and any other relevant confidentiality and security measures. In addition, your personal data will be transferred to the storage space of the data center through the underlying network operator. Kingsoft Cloud’s services in China will use the local underlying basic network operators and the data centers located in China.
Kingsoft Cloud will not transfer your personal data to any company, organization or individual except under the following circumstances:
(1) Transfer after your explicit consent: Kingsoft Cloud may transfer your personal data to other parties after obtaining your explicit consent; or
(2) In case of merger, acquisition or bankruptcy liquidation, if transfer of personal data is required, Kingsoft Cloud will request the new company or organization in possession of your personal data to be continually bound by this Statement; or, it will request such company or organization to solicit your authorization and consent again.
3.3 Public disclosure
Kingsoft Cloud may disclose your personal data in public under the following circumstances only:
(1) Kingsoft Cloud may publicly disclose your personal data after obtaining your explicit consent or based on your proactive choice; or
(2) Disclosure based on legal requirements: Kingsoft Cloud may publicly disclose your personal data upon the request by laws, legal procedures, lawsuits or mandatory requirements of government authorities.
3.4 Exceptions to prior authorization and consent for sharing, transfer, public disclosure of the user’s information
Under the following circumstances, sharing, transfer or public disclosure of your personal data are not subject to your prior authorization and consent if such data is:
(1) Related to national security or national defense security;
(2) Related to public security, public health or significant public interest;
(3) Related to the criminal investigation, prosecution, court trial and execution of the judgment;
(4) For the purpose of safeguarding the life, property and other significant legitimate rights and interests of you or other individuals while it is difficult to obtain your consent;
(5) Personal data disclosed to the general public by you on your own initiative;
(6) Personal data collected from the information lawfully disclosed in public through such lawful channels as news coverage and government information disclosure.
4. How Kingsoft Cloud protects your personal data
4.1 Kingsoft Cloud is committed to protecting the security of personal data collected, and will take reasonable physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to help protect users’ data from unauthorized access, public disclosure, use, modification, damage or loss. It will use the encryption technology to improve the security of the user information; adopt trusted protection mechanisms to protect the users’ data from malicious attacks; deploy access controls to try its best to ensure that only authorized personnel has rights to access such information; and conduct the security and privacy protection training courses to increase its employees’ awareness of the importance of protecting users’ data. Kingsoft Cloud has passed many international and domestic security certifications, such as the Information Security Level Protection Assessment and ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Management System Certification.
4.2 Kingsoft Cloud will take all reasonable and practicable measures to ensure that no irrelevant personal data is collected. It will only retain customers’ personal data for the period required to achieve the purposes specified in this Statement, unless otherwise specified by law, or there is an extension of the retention period required by you. The data retention period may vary based on different scenarios, products and services, and the criteria Kingsoft Cloud uses to determine the retention period include: the time required to retain personal data for the purpose of completing the business, including that for provision of the products and services, maintenance of corresponding transaction and business records as required by laws, guarantee of the safety of systems, products and services, response to possible user inquiries or complaints, problem identification etc.; whether users agree to extend the retention period; and whether there are special requirements for retaining the data required by laws and contracts. Beyond the retention period of the above user information, Kingsoft Cloud will anonymize or delete your personal data.
4.3 You are advised to use a complex password to assist Kingsoft Cloud in keeping your account secured. Kingsoft Cloud will do its best to ensure the security of any information you send. In order to secure your information more effectively, Kingsoft Cloud hopes you can strengthen your awareness of self-protection. Please keep your account and password information secured to prevent the leakage of your personal data. Kingsoft Cloud is only liable to the extent that it directly leaked your personal data. Kingsoft Cloud will be liable for unauthorized access to, public disclosure, tampering or destruction of such data, and for the damage to your legitimate rights and interests if physical, technical or administrative protection facilities of Kingsoft Cloud are damaged, the data is accessed without the authorization, publicly disclosed, tampered or destroyed.
4.4 Since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, Kingsoft Cloud will do its best to ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to it. In the event of an unfortunate user information security incident (leakage, loss, etc.), Kingsoft Cloud will promptly inform you in accordance with the requirements of laws and regulations: basic circumstances and possible impact of such security incident, the actions it has taken or will take, recommendations for autonomous prevention and mitigate risk, remedies to you, etc.. Kingsoft Cloud will promptly inform you of the incident-related situation by such means as the email, letter, telephone or push notification. When it is difficult to inform the individual user information subjects one by one, Kingsoft Cloud may take a reasonable and effective approach to make a public announcement. Meanwhile, it will also report the regulatory authorities the handling of personal data security incidents in accordance with the requirements.
5. Access, correction or withdrawal of your personal data
5.1 You should ensure that all the personal data submitted is accurate, and Kingsoft Cloud will try its best to maintain the accuracy and completeness of the personal data. Except as required by laws and regulations, you may log on the account setting and management page
(1) Access to your specific personal data that Kingsoft Cloud maintains;
(2) Update or correct any of your inaccurate personal data;
(3) Deregister your account; or
(4) Ask Kingsoft Cloud to delete your personal data according to laws and regulations; Kingsoft Cloud may decline you request if it has reasonable grounds to believe that such request is a fraud or infeasible, or may jeopardize the privacy or rights of others.
5.2 You may ask Kingsoft Cloud to delete personal data under the following circumstances:
(1) If Kingsoft Cloud’s method of processing your personal data is against laws and regulations;
(2) If Kingsoft Cloud is collecting or using your personal data without your explicit consent;
(3) If Kingsoft Cloud’s method of processing your personal data materially breaches the agreement with you; or
(4) If you no longer use Kingsoft Cloud’s services.
In order to ensure the security, you may need to provide a written request or verify your identity on alternative approaches. Kingsoft Cloud may ask you to verify your identity before processing such request. 5.3 After you deregister your account on your own initiative, Kingsoft Cloud will stop providing you the products or services, and delete or anonymize your personal data accordingly as required by the applicable laws.
5.4 In principle, Kingsoft Cloud does not charge any fee for your reasonable request, but will charge a certain costs for the repeated requests that exceed the reasonable limit. It may refuse those requests which are unreasonably repetitive, need too much technical means (e.g., the need to develop new systems or fundamentally change the existing practices), pose risks to the legitimate rights and interests of others, or are very impractical (e.g., involving the data stored on backup tapes).
5.5 Kingsoft Cloud will not be able to respond to your request to delete the personal data under the following circumstances if such data is:
(1) Such data is elated to Kingsoft Cloud’s fulfillment of the obligations as required by laws and regulations;
(2) Such data is related to national security or national defense security;
(3) Such data is related to public security, public health or significant public interest;
(4) Such data is related to the criminal investigation, prosecution, court trial and execution of judgment;
(5) There is sufficient evidence to prove that you have subjective malice or abuse of rights;
(6) Such data is for the purpose of safeguarding the life, property and significant but legitimate rights and interests of you or other individuals while it is difficult to obtain your own consent;
(7) Response to your request will result in serious damage to the legitimate rights and interests of you, other individuals or organizations; or
(8) Such data Involves trade secrets.
6. Processing of minors’ personal data
6.1 Although different laws may define minors differently, Kingsoft Cloud treats anyone under the age of 18 as a minor.
6.2 Kingsoft Cloud mainly provides the products and services to adults. If you are a minor, Kingsoft Cloud requests you to ask your parents or the guardian to read this Statement carefully, and use its services or provide your data subject to the consent of your parents or the guardian.
6.3 If the personal data of the minor is collected when parents or the guardian agree that the minor uses the products or services provided, Kingsoft Cloud will only use, share, transfer or disclose such data as permitted by laws, expressly agreed by parents or the guardian or as necessary for protecting the minor.
7. Storage and cross-border transfer of your personal data
Kingsoft Cloud keep your personal information to enable your continued use of our Services, after the expiration of the retention period stipulated by law, we may delete or anonymize your data.Kingsoft Cloud will store your data it collected within the territory of the People’s Republic of China. If the personal data needs to be transmitted overseas to meet the business needs as required by the applicable laws, Kingsoft Cloud will obtain your prior consent and inform you of such information as the purpose, recipient, security measures, security risks of such data to be transferred overseas.
8. Update of the privacy policies
8.1 Kingsoft Cloud’s privacy policies may be changed from time to time.
8.2 Kingsoft Cloud will post any change to these policies on official website of the company.
8.3 Kingsoft Cloud will provide more prominent notices (including, in relation to certain services, it will send the notification via email to explain specific changes of these privacy policies) in relation to significant changes.
8.4 Significant changes to these policies include but not limited to:
(1) Significant changes in Kingsoft Cloud’s service models, such as the purpose of processing personal data, types of personal data processed, and the way of using personal data;
(2) Significant changes in the ownership and organizational structures of Kingsoft Cloud, e.g., the ownership change due to the business adjustment, bankruptcy, merger and acquisition;
(3) Changes in the target that personal data is shared, transferred or disclosed publicly;
(4) Significant changes in your rights to participate in the processing of personal data and how you exercise such rights;
(5) Changes in the responsible department that handles personal data security, contact information and channel of filing the complaint; and
(6) When personal data security impact assessment report indicates a high degree of risks.
9. Contact us
If you have any question or comment on this Statement, or on the practice and operation of Kingsoft Cloud on these privacy policies, you may contact Kingsoft Cloud through the work order in the console or feedback (log in: https://workorder.ksyun.com/index.html#!/type) or customers service hotline (4000289900).
Updated on Apirl 16, 2020