Last updated：2021-03-18 11:46:28
1. Collection of personal data
1.1 Personal data refers to all kinds of information, recorded in electronic or other means, that can be used, either alone or combined with other information, to identify a specific natural person or to reflect the activities of a specific natural person.
1.2 We will collect and use your personal data through the following channels when you purchase and use Kingsoft Cloud products or services via the Kingsoft Cloud website (especially through login to the console):
(1) Registration information. When you create an account on Kingsoft Cloud, you are required to provide your username and mobile phone number, and create a password. The mobile phone number you submit is used to receive verification codes when you register or bind an account (e.g., retrieving your password), and as the contact information you specify to receive relevant business notifications (such as notifications on new product releases, events, service changes, and other service-related matters).
Upon completion of the registration, you may continue to fill in your information on the console, including but not limited to your real name, industry, region, URL, and detailed address.
If you do not register an account, you can view the webpages or product introduction presented publicly by Kingsoft Cloud, but you will not be able to further obtain the customer services provided by Kingsoft Cloud.
(2) Real name authentication information. If you are from People’s Republic of China, you are required to complete the real name authentication before purchasing and using the products and services of Kingsoft Cloud under the Cyber Security Law of China. In the course of real name authentication, you need to further improve your personal data, including but not limited to your name, identification document (identity card or passport information), bank card numbers, industry, and region. Without the real name authentication, you can view the webpages or products of Kingsoft Cloud, but you will not be able to purchase the products and services of Kingsoft Cloud.
(3) Filing-for-record service information. When using specific business functions of Kingsoft Cloud (such as the filing-for-record service), you are required, in addition to the information already included in the registration and real name authentication data, to further provide the information, including but not limited to the name, ID card, mobile phone number, and email address of the person in charge of your enterprise or website, domain name certificate, and the photo for filing, in order to comply with relevant national regulations and to provide you with the products and services. If you do not provide the above information, you will not be able to use such specific business functions, but you may use our basic products and services.
(4) Log information. In order to provide you with Kingsoft Cloud services and monitor their running status, we will collect your ID, IP address, browser type, language used, hardware device information, operating system version, network operator information, as well as the date, time, and duration of your access to the services.
(5) Customer service information. When there is a need to use Kingsoft Cloud customer service, you are required to provide your UID, username, or other information that can verify your identity, so that we can respond to your service request. Additionally, you are also required to provide your last name and mobile phone number, so that we can respond to your service request in a timely manner. We may keep your chat history and order information in order to provide you with the services required.
(6) Operation and support information. Kingsoft Cloud will organize business activities for newly launched services and functions from time to time. If you participate in the relevant business activities, we may collect your contact information (such as the mobile phone number), contact address, and transaction account information through the business activity interface for your successful participation. If you do not participate in the relevant business activities, you will not need to provide the aforementioned information.
(7) Payment information. To pay for services, you may be required to provide your payment information (such as your WeChat, Alipay, or bank information), added-value tax number, and tax identification number, which depends on the payment method specified in the service agreement between you and Kingsoft Cloud.
(8) Kingsoft Cloud collects other personal data that you authorize us to collect or provide when using our services.
2. Purposes of collection and use of your personal data
(1) Provide, maintain, or improve the products or services;
(2) Send you important notices in terms of system security, product or service changes, etc.;
(3) Activate or verify products or services;
(4) Promote and introduce products to you as permitted by laws and regulations;
(5) Provide you with personalized products or services or personalized user experience;
(6) Conduct internal audits, and data analysis and research to improve our products and services;
(7) Ensure the security of our products, services, and users;
(8) Comply with and implement applicable legal requirements or relevant industrial standards, and, if the law provides for real name authentication, use the information collected, including bank card numbers, only for the purpose of real name authentication; and
(9) Use the data for other purposes after obtaining your consent.
If you have any doubt on the purpose of data processing, or would like Kingsoft Cloud to stop one or more ways of using such data, please send an email to [email protected].
3.1 In order to ensure the normal operation of the website, we store small data files called cookies on your computer or mobile device. Generally, cookies include identifiers, site names, and some numbers and characters. Kingsoft Cloud could only read cookies that we provide.
3.2 Kingsoft Cloud will enable cookies for the same purpose as most websites or Internet service providers, i.e. to improve user experience. Specifically, Kingsoft Cloud will enable cookies for the following purposes:
(1) With the help of cookies, the website may save such settings as the language of the computer or mobile device, font size, and other browsing preferences, which means that users do not need to reconfigure their preferences at each time of the access.
4. Storage, sharing, transfer, and public disclosure of your personal data
Kingsoft Cloud will store your personal data to facilitate your smooth use of our products and services during the retention period specified by law or agreed in contract. We will delete or anonymize your data after the expiration of such retention period.
However, we may need to retain your data in whole or in part for a longer period of time under the following circumstances and only for the purposes related thereto:
(1) To comply with laws and regulations;
(2) To comply with the requirements of court decisions or rulings or other legal proceedings;
(3) To comply with the requirements of relevant government authorities or other competent authorities;
(4) We have reasons to believe that we need to comply with applicable laws and regulations; and
We will not share your personal data with any company, organization, or individual other than Kingsoft Cloud, except under the following circumstances:
(1) Sharing after your explicit consent: Kingsoft Cloud may share your personal data with other parties after obtaining your explicit consent;
(2) Kingsoft Cloud may share your user data with other parties in accordance with the stipulations of laws and regulations, the needs of litigation and dispute resolution, or the requirements made by administrative or judicial authorities according to laws;
Kingsoft Cloud’s affiliate refers to any company or legal institution that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Kingsoft Cloud at present or in the future. The term “control” here refers to the power of determining a company’s financial and business policies, enjoying more than 50% of the management or decision-making votes of the company directly or indirectly, and receiving benefits from business activities of such company;
Kingsoft Cloud will not transfer your personal data to any company, organization, or individual except under the following circumstances:
(1) Transfer after your explicit consent: Kingsoft Cloud may transfer your personal data to other parties after obtaining your explicit consent; or
4.4 Public disclosure
Kingsoft Cloud may publicly disclose your personal data under the following circumstances only:
(1) Kingsoft Cloud may publicly disclose your personal data after obtaining your explicit consent or based on your proactive choice; or
(2) Disclosure based on legal requirements: Kingsoft Cloud may publicly disclose your personal data as required by laws, legal procedures, lawsuits, or mandatory requirements of government authorities.
4.5 Exceptions to authorization or consent
Kingsoft Cloud will share, transfer, or publicly disclose your personal data without obtaining your prior authorization or consent if such data is:
(1) Related to national security or national defense security;
(2) Related to public safety, public health, or major public interests;
(3) Related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial, execution of judgment, etc.;
(4) For the purpose of safeguarding the life, property, and other significant legitimate rights and interests of you or other individuals while it is difficult to obtain your consent;
(5) Disclosed to the general public by you on your own initiative; or
(6) Collected from the information lawfully disclosed in public through such lawful channels as news coverage and government information disclosure.
5. Protection of your personal data
5.1 Kingsoft Cloud is committed to protecting the security of your personal data collected, and will take reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to help protect your user data from unauthorized access, public disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. We will use the encryption technology to improve the security of user data; adopt trusted protection mechanisms to protect the user data from malicious attacks; deploy access controls to try our best to ensure that only authorized personnel have access to such data; and conduct security and privacy protection training courses to increase our employees’ awareness of the importance of protecting user data. Kingsoft Cloud has passed many international and domestic security certifications, such as the Information Security Level Protection Assessment and ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Management System Certification.
5.3 You are advised to use a complex password to assist Kingsoft Cloud in keeping your account secured. We will do our best to ensure the security of any information you send. In order to secure your information more effectively, Kingsoft Cloud hopes you can strengthen your awareness of self-protection. Please keep your account and password information secured to prevent the leakage of your personal data. Kingsoft Cloud is only liable to the extent that we directly leaked your personal data. Kingsoft Cloud will be liable for unauthorized access to, public disclosure, tampering, or destruction of such data, and for the damage to your legitimate rights and interests if physical, technical, or administrative protection facilities of Kingsoft Cloud are damaged.
5.4 Since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we will do our best to ensure or guarantee the security of any information you send to us. In the event of a personal data security incident (leakage, loss, etc.), Kingsoft Cloud will, in accordance with the requirements of laws and regulations, promptly inform you of the basic circumstances and possible impact of such security incident, the actions we have taken or will take, recommendations for you to independently prevent and mitigate risk, remedies for you, etc. Kingsoft Cloud will promptly inform you of the incident-related situation by such means as email, letter, telephone, or push notification. When it is difficult to inform the personal data subjects one by one, Kingsoft Cloud may take a reasonable and effective approach to make a public announcement. Meanwhile, we will also report to regulatory authorities the handling of personal data security incidents in accordance with their requirements.
6. Your rights to personal data
Kingsoft Cloud has customers all over the world, so we will strictly abide by the laws and regulations of the countries where our customers are located, and try our best to protect the customers’ personal data rights. For example, we strictly abide by the Civil Code of the People’s Republic of China, the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) of Singapore, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union, and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) of Germany.
In general, you are entitled to the following rights:
6.1 Right to disagree or revoke consent
As a matter of principle, we will obtain your prior consent or authorization before collecting the data about you. We will not continue to collect your personal data if you do not agree to the collection of your personal data or if you consider it necessary to revoke your consent. However, this does not affect the legality of the data collection made before you revoke your consent or authorization.
6.2 Right of access
Except as required by laws and regulations, you may log on to the account settings management page (https://account.console.ksyun.com/#/manage) to check your personal data that we hold or the types of such data.
6.3 Right to rectification
If you find that the personal data that you provide is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to update or correct your personal data.
6.4 Right to erasure
You have the right to request us to delete the data that we have collected about you. For example:
(1) The collection or processing of your personal data is against laws and regulations;
(2) Your personal data is collected, used, shared, or transferred without your express consent;
(3) The processing of your personal data seriously breaches the agreement with you;
(4) Storing your personal data is no longer necessary under the contract between you and us; or
(5) After you deregister your account on your own initiative, we will stop providing you with the products or services, and delete or anonymize your personal data as required by applicable laws.
6.5 Right to object to processing of personal data
You have the right to request us to stop processing your personal data or stop sending marketing messages to you.
6.6 Right to restrict processing of personal data
You have the right to request us to restrict processing of your personal data under certain circumstances. For example, you believe that the personal data that we hold about you is inaccurate or illegal.
6.7 Rights related to automated individual decision making and profiling
When we adopt the automated individual decision-making technology or engage in profiling, we will obtain your consent or make an agreement with you in the contract in advance, and provide you with a manner of intervention (including but not limited to objection to profiling or marketing using your personal data), and provide access to the profiling information generated therefrom.
6.8 Right to complain to a local data protection authority
You have the right to complain to a local data protection authority if you have concerns about our collection and use of your personal data.
**Specifically, if if you are from a country or region such as European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA), or Singapore, you have the right to data portability. **That is to say, you have the right to request us to transfer a copy of the personal data we collect about you to a third-party institution or to you directly.
To exercise any of the above rights, please send an email to [email protected].
7. Protection of minors’ personal data
7.1 Generally, Kingsoft Cloud treats any individual who is under the age of 18 as a minor. If there is any different provision in your country, such provision shall apply.
7.3 If a minor uses our products or services with the consent of his or her parent or guardian, we will collect, store, use, share, transfer, or destroy the minor’s personal data only to the extent permitted by laws and regulations, expressly agreed upon by the parent or guardian, or necessary for protecting the minor.
8. Cross-border transfer of your personal data
If we intend to transfer your personal data overseas due to business needs in accordance with applicable laws, we will obtain your consent in advance, and inform you of information about the cross-border transfer such as purpose, recipients, security measures, and security risks.
In general, if you are from a country or region such as European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA), Singapore, Russia, or the United States (US), we will transfer your personal data across the border in accordance with the Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC) set by the European Commission to fully protect your personal data and privacy rights and interests. If you have a special agreement with us, such agreement shall apply.
(1) Significant changes in Kingsoft Cloud’s service models, such as the purpose of processing personal data, types of personal data processed, and the way of using personal data;
(2) Significant changes in the ownership and organizational structures of Kingsoft Cloud, e.g., the ownership change due to the business adjustment, bankruptcy, merger and acquisition;
(3) Changes in the main objects of personal data sharing, transfer, or disclosure;
(4) Significant changes in your rights to participate in the processing of personal data and the way to exercise such rights;
(5) Changes in Kingsoft Cloud’s department responsible for handling personal data security, and its contact information and channels for complaints; and
(6) High risk indicated in the personal data security impact assessment report.
10. Contact us
Updated and Effective on March 18, 2021
Did you find the above information helpful?
Please give us your feedback.
Thank you for your feedback.