A certificate-expired or certificate-ineffective error might occur in the following situations:
- The system time is wrong .
- The server certificate of the site has expired.
- The intermediate certificate has expired.
To resolve the problem:
- Verify that the system time settings on the client are correct.
- Ignore the error message to access the website and view the server certificate. Make sure the server certificate has not expired.
- If the problem still persists, view the server certificate and switch to the Certificate Path tab. Verify that none of the higher-level certificates on the tab has an error.