To detect the change in the status of a service, you can create an alarm policy to trigger an alarm, which will promptly notify you of the change.
You can create an alarm policy with the following procedure:
Create an alarm policy
KCI enables you to create alarm policies for the following objects:
- KCI - instance
- KCI - container
- Log in to the CMS console.
- In the left navigation pane, choose Alarm Service > Alarm Policy.
- Click Create Alarm Policy.
- Enter the policy name, select the product type such as KCI - instance, and then add alarm rules.
- A complete alarm rule contains the following items: Metric Name, Period, Statistic, Operator, and Threshold. For example, you can select cluster CPU utilization as Metric Name, 1 minute as Period, Average as Statistic, > as Operator, and 70% as Threshold. This means that, in a statistical period of one minute, if the average CPU utilization is greater than 70%, an alarm is triggered.
- You can add multiple rules to a policy. Any rule triggered will cause an alarm.
Select alarm objects
You can select the objects that you want to associate to the alarm rules.
Select alarm recipients
Select the recipients of the alarms triggered by the alarm rules.