Before adding domain names to WAF instances, complete the following tasks:
- For China-based websites, obtain ICP licenses for the domain names.
- For an SLB_WAF instance, bind an EIP to it.
Add domain names
Each domain package supports up to 10 domain names, including only one top-level domain name. Wildcard domain names are supported.
To add domain names to a WAF instance:
- Log in to the WAF console.
- Select the target WAF instance on the list.
- On the lower part of the page, click Add Domain Name.
Configure the following parameters:
- Domain Name: Enter the domain name of the website you want to protect
- Protocol: Select the supported protocols, including HTTP and HTTPS. For the HTTPS protocol, select a security certificate for it.
- Redirect Mode：Options are Polling and Minimum Connection Number Algorithm.
- Back-to-Source Settings: Add back-to-source IP addresses.
- SLB_WAF instances support EIPs and private IPs. For record availability, private IPs are recommended. Expired or deleted EIPs will be deleted from the WAF back-to-source records.
- For a cloud WAF instance, add public IP sources, each IP per line.
Health Check: Enable or disable health check for WAF back-to-source. The function is enabled by default.
If there is only one origin server, you can disable the function and make sure the request for back-to-source health check is accessible. Otherwise, WAF back-to-source might fail.
- Click Confirm.
- Repeat the previous steps to add more domain names.
Click the instance to view the service status of domain names.
If the service status is abnormal, check the back-to-source and CNAME configuration for the domain name. For more information, see Step 3: Check validity of the existing DNS configuration and Step 4: Modify DNS records.
Edit the domain name configuration
To edit the configuration of a domain name:
- Select the WAF instance on the instance list.
- On the lower part of the page, select the target domain name and click Edit in the Operation column.
- Edit the service protocols, back-to-source settings, and health check settings as needed.
- Click Confirm.